Tuesday, March 10, 2015

First Day at a Fresh Start

Tuesday was my first day alone with the kids in the new apartment.

My mom was here from Detroit for what was supposed to be a week and what turned into a month and now we are basically settled.

[So many more blanks to fill here...to be covered later...]

I have been dreaming of this apartment for a few years and being here is one of those feelings where one wants to make the best of it.  

I don't want to spoil this situation.

I finally have the office I have been striving for and my children have a real playroom which doubles as my daughter's room or vice versa.

The more I am here, the more I realize the physical depression we were living in.

The first major change is light.  The new apartment is sun-drenched, and with this light I find myself physically renewed to start each day with nothing but productivity.  

So far that has meant keeping up with cleaning, but it is something that I enjoy here! 

I am also finally committed to dealing with my life as a pack-rat...hoarder...or whatever term you might use for someone with a lot of stuff.  To date, in our new home, I have donated bags and bags of goods, clothing, etc... and all I can say is how good it feels to be rid of things I have been carrying around since high school at least. 

I hope to encourage others to let go as well or to explore why they might be holding on to un-needed things through my own examination.

This will likely reveal many layers that I have been covering over the past decade at least.

As always, Thank You for reading and following along, no matter how much time has elapsed.


No comments:

Post a Comment